TP-Link is a manufacturer and a distributor of telecommunication equipment. The company required to establish a network of service centers in Ukraine. Their goals included:
- Resolving service issues with end-customers. Typical issues were updating device firmware, checking device warranty and accepting devices for repair or substitution, resolving minor configuration issues
- Checking of the device serial numbers and preventing fraud
- Providing interfaces to the warehouse program for data synchronization
- Providing interfaces to the bookkeeping program for data synchronization
- Presenting analytical reports for the decision-makers
To meet the requirements stated above a cloud-based web solution has been developed. The solution represented an enterprise MVC ASP.NET Application, which was initially hosted in the private cloud and then transferred to Microsoft Azure. MS SQL 2014/2016 was used as the solution database.